Connect Residential Service
To establish Residential service you can choose if you would like to:
The Contract for Service and Deposit Agreement forms below are available in PDF format. You may type directly into the form fields from your computer, then submit, save and/or print the form.
To establish service the following items are required:
- a valid driver's license or equivalent photo identification
- a rent receipt, lease agreement, or copy of a warranty deed
- your deposit - Keys Energy Services charges a $125
deposit for new customers or a $75 deposit for customers with previous
service accounts in good standing – including applicable Convenience
Fee charges for customers paying by credit card*. Please note, if you sign up for the Electronic Debit Program at the same time you are establishing service your initial deposit fee will be waived. For the protection
of our customers, Keys Energy Services requires a deposit on each new
account. If a customer fails to pay his or her bill, his or her deposit will help
defray the revenue loss and help keep costs down for all customers.
Deposits receive simple interest at a rate set by the Utility Board.
Deposits can be refunded to residential customers with a good payment
history for two years (no delinquencies).
*The credit card convenience fee is a fee charged to customers for the convenience of paying their bills by credit card. KEYS' customers can no longer absorb those fees; therefore, the Utility Board of the City of Key West decided that the costs for providing these services will be paid by those who utilize the service. KEYS did extensive research to find the lowest cost provider of credit card services to minimize the impact on customers. First State Bank of the Florida Keys worked closely with KEYS and developed a new program to hold costs down. We are pleased to announce that theirs was the lowest rate available, and thus, First State Bank is our processor of choice.
- Any residential account that must be in a corporation’s name must be signed for by an officer of the corporation, and a copy of the articles of incorporation must be furnished to KEYS. The documents must list the corporate officer who is requesting electrical service. If the above is not available KEYS may accept a Corporate Statement on company letterhead (see required sample verbiage) or in lieu of letterhead the statement must be submitted with a business card attached for the representative requesting the service. The statement must either be notarized or accompanied by a copy of valid government issued photo identification.
We will ask you for the following information:
- your full name
- your address; including street, house or apartment number, or the name of the subdivision with lot and block number
- your date of birth
- your signature.
*A $45 connect charge will appear on your first bill.
Same Day Service
Please use the chart below to find out by when you will need to sign up to receive same day service. Make note the further north you live from Key West, the earlier you must come in.
- Sunshine Key to Ramrod Key: 1:30 p.m.
- Summerland Key to Sugarloaf Key: 2:30 p.m.
- Bay Point to Rockland Key: 3:30 p.m.
- Key Haven to Key West: 4:30 p.m.