The American Public Power Association’s Demonstration of Energy & Efficiency Developments (DEED) program recently awarded KEYS with funds to sponsor a paid student internship for the summer of 2021. The internship is intended to help nurture workforce development and introduce students to careers in public power.
What we offer
- You will be given an appropriate level of challenge that will allow you to apply your course of study and be part of a dynamic and collaborative working environment.
- You will partner with our employees who will serve as a resource for answering your questions about the organization and the department.
To be eligible
You must be enrolled full-time at a technical/trade school or accredited college or university in the U.S., pursuing a degree in engineering, electronics, or related field.
You must have a valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record, as determined by KEYS, and maintain at your own expense.
- You must pass a basic math test. Click here for a sample test.
- You must reside in KEYS’ service area, at your own expense, during the entirety of the internship.
- You must submit a cover letter, resume, letter of recommendation from a professor or college advisor, and official transcripts sent from the authorizing entity
- If you are selected as a candidate, you will undergo pre-employment medical and drug screening.
KEYS’ internship program will be offered from May 17 to July 30, 2021.
Selected intern will be paid $18.00 per hour and expected to work Monday through Friday from 7:00A – 3:30P. Monday, May 31 (Memorial Day) and Monday, July 5 (Independence Day – observed) will be non-work, non-paid days.
You will receive up to $1,000 in travel reimbursement to attend an approved public power conference.
Intern will not be eligible for health benefits or overtime pay.
The student will be required to submit a brief summary report when the internship is 50-percent complete, and a summary abstract and final report once the internship is complete. Failure to complete required reports will impact compensation.
How to apply
The deadline to apply for the summer internship is April 30, 2021.
Please send completed cover letter, resume, letter of recommendation from a professor or college advisor, and official transcripts sent from the authorizing entity to Maria.Abreu@KeysEnergy.com. Please include the word “Internship” in the subject line. You will be notified if, following review by Human Resources, you are an internship candidate.
Candidates should expect to participate in teleconference interview as part of the selection process.